Social Credit will provide a platform for businesses, and the regions, to grow and prosper.
To achieve this we will:
• Establish a Local Authority Loans Board to fund capital works and infrastructure projects approved by local communities, with grants, nil-interest and low interest loans from the Reserve Bank
• Promote an International Clearing Union with export credit accounts for trading among member nations
• Abolish GST in favour of a simpler and fairer Financial Transactions Tax (FTT), set at a low level (0.05% or less) and collected at point of withdrawal from bank accounts
• Institute a Adequate Living Income to progressively replace the welfare system
• Make the Reserve Bank the sole provider of new money, made available to trading banks at a service charge only
• Ensure the Reserve Bank is answerable to Government
• Make the Reserve Bank responsible for seeing that the overseas debt is repaid and overseas transactions are in balance
• Introduce a Worker Shareholding scheme to assist workers to become shareholders in the companies they work for, and therefore gain additional income through dividends.
Chris Leitch, Leader, Finance Spokesman